We’re looking for a Simulation Engineer with a broad skill set to help us bring the real world into the virtual. This team is responsible for simulating vehicles, sensors, pedestrians, bicycles, and environments in order to improve AV and robotics technologies. You will further develop our simulation tools while working alongside our sensing, ADAS, and controls teams. Great candidates will have deep experience in software development and a passion for building and adapting complex engineering tools. We like lifelong learners who enjoy project-based workloads and applying their skills to new problems.
What You’ll Do
- Produce clean and efficient code for simulation/CAE tools supporting a range of AV and robotics applications
- Maintain, improve, and extend a mature codebase in active use
- Document code and produce technical content, such as user guides
- Contribute to the design and progression of our simulation platform and understand the bottlenecks in our current environment
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years C++ software development experience in a professional (post-college) environment as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, robotics or related field
- Strong interest in developing real-time, engineering-focused simulation software tools incorporating vehicles, sensors, physics, and graphics
- Knowledge of basic concepts involved in physics modeling and 3D graphics
Bonus Points For
- Working knowledge of lidar, radar, and camera sensor operation
- Hands-on experience building simulation environments for real platforms, or with realistic gaming engines
- Experience in setting up automated driving scenes and test cases, analyzing captured data, and quantifying system performance
- Applied knowledge of HD maps and recreating 3D road geometries in simulation
- Understanding of parallel and distributed computing
- Familiarity with perception processing, control systems, and vehicle dynamics
What Happens at Quantum Signal AI?
From vintage arcade tournaments to Happy Hour to our year end holiday party, we’re having fun!